Did you lose your wallet? Have you been pickpocketed? Have you noticed that a large amount of money is being emptied from your bank account and you do not know why this is happening?
Well, the good news here is that if your wallet was stolen and you only had cash or credit cards inside you are more likely going to be able to get all your money back.
Unfortunately, if you had some debit cards within your wallet it is going to be more difficult for you to get back the money that was stolen. Because remember that credit card companies constantly monitor your account and they do provide liability protection in the case of theft.
But there is an even worse case scenario here.
If somebody steals your identity you have much more to lose than just money. For example, with your personal information an identity thief can actually call a utility company and open up a new account under a new address. They would be able to do this because they have your personal information.
With this new address they would have the opportunity to open up a multitude of credit cards and in the end you would have to foot the bill.
If you do not pay the bill for all these different credit cards being used by the identity thieves, you will end up having to deal with a bunch of collection agencies.
And if you do not comply with the collection agencies you would soon notice that your credit rating would plummet. And let’s face it, repairing a destroyed credit rating is not easy no matter how you slice it.
And then you may ask yourself how to prevent this from happening, who should you call, who should you seek advice from, what can you do to protect yourself and your family?
Well, it is our goal and aim to provide you with the necessary information to protect yourself and to help prevent any potential damage.
MyIDfix.com is here to help you navigate through all this information and to help you find the best solution. Because life is simply too short to have to worry about having your identity stolen or having your bank account emptied while you’re sleeping.
And because summer is right around the corner you will probably want to spend your time getting in shape instead of having to worry about an identity thief draining your account.
The bottom line is that MyIDfix.com is your ultimate resource for figuring out how to protect your identity and how to effectively live a life without unwarranted theft. Because all it takes is one thief to ruin your entire life.
Here’s a quick start guide to help you protect yourself:
– Prevent your debit, credit and ATM card accounts from being opened by outside entities with your name.
– Prevent identity thieves from changing your address with your creditors and from being able to redirect your bank, debit, ATM or credit card processing statements.
– Understand the proper procedures and methods for dealing with police issued warnings.
– Understand the proper ways to manage harassment from a collection agency.
– Establish a comprehensive and reliable monitoring system so that you receive all of your statements and credit reports at set intervals.
– Make sure you receive a complete credit report from all of the different credit bureaus on a regular basis.